If you are in need of a garden shed but don’t have a lot of space in your backyard, 8×12 footprint storage sheds might be a great option for you.
The most important thing, however, is to be sure that this size shed will adequately meet your needs. You don’t want to buy the shed and have it delivered only to find that you could’ve used a bigger one several weeks or months later.
How Do I Know That an 8×12 Storage Shed Will Be Big Enough for Me?
The first thing you should do is create an 8×12 outline on your driveway with chalk or place pieces of wood or stones down on your lawn to mark the perimeter. Then take everything you plan to put in the shed and see if it fits in the box you created.
There are two things to consider before you mark this experiment a success:
- Because of the width of the wood, you will not have exactly 96 square feet of space. Taking materials into consideration, you’re looking more like an 85-square-foot area.
- Give yourself room to maneuver in the shed. You don’t want to pack it so tight that you can’t access anything.
Can I Get More Space Inside?
If you’re thinking it’s going to be a tight squeeze but you don’t want to commit to a larger shed, nuHaus Outdoors sheds are fully customizable and come with a number of interior options to make the most out of your storage space.
- The first option is a loft that can give you an extra level of storage space along the roofline—up to 32 extra square feet! This is perfect for items that you may not need to reach all that often.
- A work bench is another area that can give you some extra space to work without having to take up garage or basement space.
- Interior shelving is a popular addition and can really add storage space for small items. You can fit multiple rows of shelving on one wall.
- A wall that doesn’t have shelving can also be used to hold a pegboard to keep clutter on the floor or a work bench to a minimum.
Once you’ve decided what size will work for you, then you can add on the finishing touches. If you would like the shed to sit off the ground, we can add a ramp for easy access to roll things in and out. You can also choose a standard overhead door, a pre-hung single door, a double barn door, or more stylish carriage-style doors.
You can also select between a metal or shingle roof in a number of colors and a nearly unlimited amount of siding colors to choose from. You can upgrade your fooring to a seamless rubber floor that will protect from moisture and rotting.
Call nuHaus Outdoors Today!
You will be surprised about how much you can do in what doesn’t seem like a very big space. The options we listed above are just a sample of everything we have to offer to give you the customizable shed that is both functional and stylish to add value to your home. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (330) 778-3040 to speak with our experts.